Hosting Request for fedeproxy
Description of the projects to be hosted
- Project Name: fedeproxy
- Project URL: https://fedeproxy.eu
- Project Maintainers: Pierre-Louis Bonicoli & Loïc Dachary
- Project License: AGPLv3+
Please explain here how they meet our current criteria.
- Free Software
- main development repositories. the main development currently happens at https://lab.fedeproxy.eu/fedeproxy/fedeproxy/ but since the idea is to implement federation, the intention is to make it so it happens on both foss.heptapod.net and lab.fedeproxy.eu to demonstrate how distributed development can be a reality
- you are an official maintainer of the project
- agreement to acknowledge where appropriate the help provided by Octobus and Clever Cloud by hosting on foss.heptapod.net I personnally will not be shy about telling people how Octobus helps and how Clever Cloud helps. The fedeproxy community is horizontal and although I can speak for myself (Loïc Dachary), I cannot make any promise in that regard for other people involved
Knowing this can help in case there are constraints on resources and/or administrators availability at the time of the request. It can also help us suggest the right solution for the needs of the project.
- is the project officially released? In downstream distributions or packaging systems? Yes: https://pypi.org/project/fedeproxy/ and I will never be involved in any kind of non-public development. Other people in the community may although it is not currently the case.
- estimation of the user base if possible, or number of downloads, reverse dependencies… The software does not work yet so there is no user base
- number of maintainers and regular contributors 2 to the code base (Pierre-Louis & Loïc)
- where is the project currently hosted? Are there issue trackers, review systems, CI/CD to hook to or to replace somehow? https://lab.fedeproxy.eu
What would you like to have?
- a top-level group (fedeproxy)
- a project in an existing group
- just a project in your personal namespace
Post approval maintainer task list
See README for explanations.
- Reviewing Heptapod workflow
Post import maintainer task list
- Add the Octobus and Clever cloud acknowledgement at the selected place.
- Communicate about the migration to help others to aware of the options (for example on mastodon, twitter, bitbucket thread, mailing list, …)