Hosting for Oxford Oberon Compiler
Description of the projects to be hosted
- Project Name: Oxford Oberon Compiler OBC
- Project URL: https://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/corner/Oxford_Oberon-2_compiler
- Existing Github repo: https://github.com/Spivoxity/obc-3
- Project Maintainers: Mike Spivey
- Project License: MIT
Please explain here how they meet our current criteria.
- Free / Open Source
- main development repositories
- you are an official maintainer of the project
- agreement to acknowledge where appropriate the help provided by Octobus and Clever Cloud by hosting on foss.heptapod.net
Knowing this can help in case there are constraints on resources and/or administrators availability at the time of the request. It can also help us suggest the right solution for the needs of the project.
- is the project officially released? In downstream distributions or packaging systems? -- The project is fairly mature and has had a dozen releases.
- estimation of the user base if possible, or number of downloads, reverse dependencies… -- Users are in the hundreds -- Oberon is admittedly a niche language.
- number of maintainers and regular contributors -- I am the only maintainer and committer.
- where is the project currently hosted? Are there issue trackers, review systems, CI/CD to hook to or to replace somehow? -- Following the demise of Mercurial hosting at Bitbucket, I'm using Github. But I much prefer Mercurial for all my stuff.
What would you like to have?
- a top-level group
- a project in an existing group
- just a project in your personal namespace
Post approval maintainer task list
See README for explanations.
- Reviewing Heptapod workflow
Post import maintainer task list
- Add the Octobus and Clever cloud acknowledgement at the selected place.
- Communicate about the migration to help others to aware of the options (for example on mastodon, twitter, bitbucket thread, mailing list, …)