hosting mercurial-server contributions by Nokia
Description of the projects to be hosted
- Project Name: mercurial-server
- Project URL: n/a (no more public development since 2012 on the original project)
- Project Maintainers: Mathias De Maré inside Nokia
- Project License: GNU General Public License v2.0 or later
Please explain here how they meet our current criteria.
- Free / Open Source: mercurial-server is open source, and this would be open sourcing the Nokia-internal modifications we made
- main development repositories: Unsure? We made quite a few changes to the original project; I'm not 100% sure about the different forks of mercurial-server still around, I don't know if there's a 'main development repository'
- you are an official maintainer of the project: I am the official Nokia-internal maintainer, so would be the official maintainer of publishing these modifications.
- agreement to acknowledge where appropriate the help provided by Octobus and Clever Cloud by hosting on foss.heptapod.net: I assume we could put an acknowledgement in the repository itself if you'd like? I don't really have another place to acknowlegde this.
Knowing this can help in case there are constraints on resources and/or administrators availability at the time of the request. It can also help us suggest the right solution for the needs of the project.
- is the project officially released? In downstream distributions or packaging systems? No, it's currently not published anywhere. We plan to push our docker images also.
- estimation of the user base if possible, or number of downloads, reverse dependencies… Currently, there's not really a user base outside of Nokia.
- number of maintainers and regular contributors: 1 maintainer, perhaps 3-4 contributors (but not that regular)
- where is the project currently hosted? Are there issue trackers, review systems, CI/CD to hook to or to replace somehow? Currently it lives internally in Nokia.
What would you like to have?
- a top-level group: a Nokia top-level group, with the 'mercurial-server' project in there.
- a project in an existing group
- just a project in your personal namespace
Post approval maintainer task list
See README for explanations.
- Reviewing Heptapod workflow
Post import maintainer task list
- Add the Octobus and Clever cloud acknowledgement at the selected place.
- Communicate about the migration to help others to aware of the options (for example on mastodon, twitter, bitbucket thread, mailing list, …)