Hosting request: showlabels project
Description of the projects to be hosted
- Project Name: showlabels
- Project URL: https://purl.org/nxg/dist/showlabels
- Project Maintainers: Norman Gray https://nxg.me.uk
- Project License: LaTeX Project Public Licence http://www.latex-project.org/lppl.txt
Please explain here how they meet our current criteria.
- Free / Open Source
- main development repositories (not yet; maybe later – see below)
- you are an official maintainer of the project
- agreement to acknowledge where appropriate the help provided by Octobus and Clever Cloud by hosting on foss.heptapod.net (within reason!)
Knowing this can help in case there are constraints on resources and/or administrators availability at the time of the request. It can also help us suggest the right solution for the needs of the project.
- is the project officially released? In downstream distributions or packaging systems? Yes: https://www.ctan.org/pkg/showlabels
- estimation of the user base if possible, or number of downloads, reverse dependencies…: Hard to estimate, but see https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/showlabels
- number of maintainers and regular contributors: 1 and 1
- where is the project currently hosted? Are there issue trackers, review systems, CI/CD to hook to or to replace somehow?: I can't make up my mind. I'm a bitbucket refugee, so it's currently self-hosted, and hosted not entirely satisfactorily at sourcehut https://hg.sr.ht/~nxg/showlabels. There are currently no issue trackers (but I want one, and sourcehut hg/todo integration is still primitive). There is no need for CI with this project.
I'm trying to decide between self-hosting (but which software?) and online hosting (but which provider? are they going to do a bitbucket, or pull the phacility trick?), so this request is an experiment with Heptapod.
What would you like to have?
- a top-level group
- a project in an existing group
- just a project in your personal namespace
Post approval maintainer task list
See README for explanations.
- Reviewing Heptapod workflow
Post import maintainer task list
- Add the Octobus and Clever cloud acknowledgement at the selected place.
- Communicate about the migration to help others to aware of the options (for example on mastodon, twitter, bitbucket thread, mailing list, …)