Migrate ZILF repos from Bitbucket
Description of the projects to be hosted
ZILF is an open source tool chain for the Zork Implementation Language, used to write interactive fiction (text adventure games). The source code for Infocom's classic adventure games was uploaded to GitHub in 2019, but with the original tools still missing, ZILF is the only known way to compile them.
The tools are licensed under GPL v3. The runtime library, to be incorporated into newly written games, is licensed under a BSD-alike license.
It's currently hosted on Bitbucket, at https://bitbucket.org/jmcgrew/zilf/, with a decade of change history and binary releases.
Some dependencies are also hosted at Bitbucket:
Hosting support will be acknowledged where appropriate if this request is accepted.
Post approval maintainer task list:
See README for explanations.
- Hosting Request assignee has repository membership on Bitbucket
- Heptapod / Bitbucket accounts link
- Reviewing Heptapod workflow
Post import maintainer task list:
- Clone the project afresh from foss.heptapod.net.
Check that the repository looks good: branches are as expected in the
clone and the web interface, with no
wildbranches unless there are known multiple heads.
- Check that issues are imported, and notably that all open issues are there. Watch for attachments etc.
- Check that Pull Requests are imported, and in particular take a close look at the resulting open Merge Requests - they should be backed by a topic. Make sure you can navigate these in the fresh clone.
Check that against foss.heptapod.net,
hg incomingfrom a prior clone are as expected
- Add the Octobus and Clever cloud acknowledgement at the selected place.