BeyondCompare: Wrong 3-way diff for automatic merges
Created originally on Bitbucket by Gili
Reproduced in TortoiseHg 2.4.3
Bare with me. This bug is easy to reproduce but the explanation is a bit long :)
- From TortoiseHg Workbench, select a revision to merge against.
- The target revision should contain a single file that has changed in a manner that can be merged automatically.
- "Merge with Local"
- "1 files were modified on both branches and must be resolved". Click on "resolved"
- Select the single file, and click on "Tool resolve". The file will get resolved without any interaction and move to the bottom window.
- Select the resolved file in the bottom window, then click on 3-way diff.
- BeyondCompare is launched with the following arguments: "bcompare /tmp/thg.Ic6pW8/empty /tmp/thg.Ic6pW8/.../newRevision/file.txt /tmp/thg.Ic6pW8/.../oldRevision/file.txt"
- The BeyondCompare window is split into three: empty, "file.txt[merged]", "file.txt@newReviison"
Expected behavior: left tab should contain one revision, the middle tab should contain the "base" revision, the right tab should contain the other revision.
This is reproducible always.