Shelve tool does not always know about added/removed files
Created originally on Bitbucket by fschoenm (Frank)
The shelve tool seems to not always know the correct state of added/removed files in the repository.
I'm not 100 percent sure about the reproduction steps. The problem is that often the working directory state in the shelve tool does not correctly represent the real state when files have been added or removed/forgotten, even after refreshing.
I was able to observe the bug with the following steps:
- Change some existing file in the repository.
- Create and add a new file. Now there should be two uncommited changes.
- Open the shelve tool. It may or may not show both files. I had cases where the added file(s) only appeared after shelving the changes to existing files.
- Forget the file added in step 2.
- Open the shelve tool again. It still shows the forgotten file in its list.
I have the thgissue3595 fix installed as an hg extension at the moment.