Sync target is reset after detecting outgoing changesets
Created originally on Bitbucket by Anonymous
- Make a repository that has some bookmarks
- Update to the tip of a bookmark, make some local changes
- Open TortoiseHG Workbench
- Click on the Synchronize button to bring up the sync UI
- Click on the Target checkbox
- Select your current tip as a revision in the drop list
- Click 'Detect outgoing changesets'
Result: The target drop list is changed, and is now selecting the bookmark at the current revision, not the revision itself.
Expected Result: The target drop list should continue to have the revision selected, so that after inspecting you can push the changes, but not push the bookmark itself.
The motivation for this is that at our company, the "central" build repository is kept bookmark-free. Each team has staging repositories, where bookmarks are typically used to separate work for different projects and features. So when pushing upstream, it is important that the revision is pushed, not the bookmark. However the current UI always switches the dropdown to the bookmark, which means that the "review outgoing changesets" -> "push" workflow is error prone.