Branch operation dialog allows integer as name
Created originally on Bitbucket by mjomble (Andres Kalle)
Steps to reproduce:
- Click on "Branch: default" button to open the branch operation dialog
- Choose "Open a new named branch" and enter an integer as the name, for example 1
- Click OK
- At this point, the name is accepted and no error is shown. The button's text changes to "New Branch: 1"
- Add some files/changes and commit
- A confirmation prompt appears, asking if I want to create a new named branch "1"
- Select "Create Branch"
- An error appears with text "abort: cannot use an integer as a name [Code: 255]" (image attached)
- The branch operation dialog should check the name for this before accepting it when you press OK. Also, at that point, the error would be clearer. The first time I got this error, both the branch name and commit message were integers and I wasn't sure which one the message was referring to.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information