Add missing commands to patch queue context menu, and make patch context menus of queue widget and repository list the same
Created originally on Bitbucket by thomasdd (Thomas D.)
For users of the patch queue widget, some patch commands are not easy to discover simply because they are not found on the patch queue context menu, which would appear to be the most logical place for patch commands... E.g. I remember searching for "Fold patches" in vain because I just assumed that all patch commands would be found in the patch queue widget. It was only through google that I found out there's another, surprisingly different patch context menu on patches in the repository list.
- Right-click on patch queue
- Look for "Apply patch" (which should be relabeled to "Apply up to this patch", see #4946)
- Try to "Apply only this patch"
- Try to "Fold patches..."
- Try to "Shelve..." patches or chunks thereof
- important, everyday patch commands are NOT available from patch queue context
- command labels differ between context menu of patch queue widget and patches context menu in repository list - it's not immediately obvious that "Go to patch" is the same as "Apply patch", and "Apply patch" isn't very clear in itself...
- command labeling should be consistent everyhwere
- relabel "Go to patch" (from queue) and "Apply patch" (from list) to "Apply up this patch"
- All patch commands should be available from patch queue context (proposed additions marked with *, see below)
- The context menu of patches in the queue widget and in the repository list should be the same (see below)
- Separators should be added to mark logical groups of commands (see below)
- first group: commands that apply to the selected and right-clicked patch
- second group: patch management commands (rename/fold/shelve/delete)
- third group: commands that apply to the patch queue, NOT the selected and right-clicked patch
- fourth group: MQ options
- Proposed uniform patch context menu for queue widget AND repository list:
- Apply up to this patch (currently labeled "Go to this patch")
- Apply onto original parent*
- Apply only this patch*
- Set guards...
- Finish patch (Shouldn't that be "Commit patch"?)
- Rename patch...
- Fold patches...*
- Delete patches...
- Apply one patch* (should be "Apply next patch")
- Apply all patches*
- Unapply one patch* (should be "Unapply top patch")
- Unapply all patches*
- MQ options...*
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information