QNew (Create a new patch): Setting patch options in commit view discards new patch name
Created originally on Bitbucket by thomasdd (Thomas D.)
- Commit View: Click "Create a new patch" (QNew) without having preset patch author.
- Enter "newName.patch" into Patch Name input field
- Click options and check [x] Set username: John Doe email@example.com, OK
- dataloss: the patch name just entered by user ("newName.patch") is discarded and replaced with default name for new patch: 2017-12-27_10-29-45_r1+.diff
- changing user name must preserve (not discard) the new patch name defined by user (regardless if the patch has already been created or not).
It's minor but very annoying every time having to re-enter what I just entered!!! Technically, this is dataloss, because there's no way to recover the user-defined patch name.