MQ: Selecting/applying a patch in Patch Queue widget causes error and no longer updates details and revision history selection
Created originally on Bitbucket by thomasdd (Thomas D.)
Patch Queue Widget behaviour has become painfully unresponsive, it always requires clicking around in the patch list or even in the main revision history to force the details or commit view to update and actually show the selected and focused patch.
- Select a change set in the main revision history, so that it gets shown in details/commit view below.
- In patch Queue Widget, press Enter on Patch 1 to apply it.
- Click or navigate to select another patch in the queue.
- Click on same patch in main revision history.
- Applying a patch does NOT update details/commit view, which stubbornly continue to show what is selected in the main revision history, which is extremely useless and irritating. But when you click another patch in the queue widget and then click again on the applied patch, details will update to show the selected and focused patch. Which is very cumbersome.
- Selecting unapplied patches in the Queue widget does not update details at all (again very irritating), but shows an error in status bar: "Can't find revision 'patchname'". So that's where we used to update the revision history selection list to be in sync with the selected patch in the queue widget. Regression. Makes the entire Patch Queue widget almost a no-op.
- Only selecting any patches in main revision list will reliably update the details/commit display.
- Applying a patch must obviously update revision list selection to that patch to show its details. Regression I believe.
- Clicking on a patch in the queue widget (applied or not) must always update revision list selection, too, as it used to do (please fix this regression asap!!! See #5005 where I documented the previous correct behaviour).
- issue #4990: Please also cover the case where a patch is selected, but not focused, maybe another main revision shown, then user clicks on already selected patch to see it.
- issue #5005: Reverse case: Selecting a (single) patch in the main revision list should also update the selection in the patch queue widget to the same patch, to avoid confusing UI states. For consistency of UI state, I guess we should also keep selections of multiple patches in sync between the two widgets.
The desired overall behaviour is actually very simple:
- Please always keep patch selections in sync between patch queue and main revision list, especially for single patch selections.
- Please always ensure that a patch which is focused and selected in the queue widget will update details/commit view accordingly.