Regression: Shelve discards deleted files marked for removal
Created originally on Bitbucket by Anonymous
When working with the shelf, shelving a 'Renamed' file pair would put the original file back into the working directory and create an entry pair in the patch file for the added and deleted file (visualized with a blue 'plus' and red cross icon). Sometimes the latter doesn't happen anymore.
- Open a repository with files,
- Rename one of the files externally,
- Refresh working directory and use 'Detect renames' to mark the pair of files as renamed,
- Go to the shelf (refresh if necessary) (create a new empty Shelf on the right if necessary),
- Click on the added file and move it to the right.
Expected: The shelve contains of the added (renamed). The working directory contains the removed file.
Actual: The shelve contains of the added (renamed). The working directory is empty.
Workaround: Always first move the deleted files to right, then move the added files (and the rest) the right.
Caveat: Using the "Move all to the right" button will move files in random order, so sometimes it moves the deleted before the added, triggering this bug in a highly inconvenient way.
Version: 4.5.2 for Linux