Wrong revision suggested in Update... dialog
In our daily usage of TortoiseHG (5.9.2) we are often getting a wrong revision suggested in the "Update..." dialog.
Since this dialog is one of the basic dialogs of TortoiseHG, for us it is critical to be able to trust this dialog.
Note that this is probably what #5396 reported over two years ago, but there was no repro there.
We start with a very simple repository (see end of this ticket):
- two branches "b1" and "b2" coming from "default",
- the contents of the revisions are not important,
- the Filter Toolbar is opened, and the branch combobox shows "Show all"
- the working copy is currently in head of "b2"
- use the combobox to set the branch to "default"
- right click on the revision 0, and open the menu "Update..."
- see that the "Update to" combobox is correct:
- use the combobox to set the branch to "b1"
- right click on the revision 1, and open the menu "Update..."
- see that the "Update to" combobox is wrong:
hg init echo. > file hg add file hg ci -m "test 1" hg branch b1 echo. >> file hg ci -m "test 2" hg update default hg branch b2 echo. >> file hg ci -m "test 3"
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information