Created originally on Bitbucket by baldur (Christian Fischer)
I've installed the latest 2.1 version, and I'm not very satisfied with the current german translation. Some terms are hard to understand, some translations are just wrong.
A few examples, I've noticed the first day using the new version:
- Revert -> "Zurückrollen" (in context menu of modified files in the commit dialog): "Zurückrollen" would mean "rollback", but rollback and revert are two different commands which are doing different things. Better: "Zurücknehmen", "Rückgängig (machen)"
- Extensions -> "Dateierweiterungen": The extensions section in the config means mercurial extensions, not file extensions.
- Patch Queue -> "Flickenschlange": just weird.. I think, "patch" is a well known term for german users and everyone who is using patches should know terms like "patch queue".
- Review Board -> "Gutachterausschuss": is a creative translation, but I had no idea what it could mean, until I've seen the english version.
- Pull -> "Ziehen": I think "herunterladen" would be better to understand.
- Shelve -> "Stauraum": alternatives could be "Zwischenspeicher", "Ablage"
That's my first impression. If you need help with translation, I could help with it.