TortoiseHg has monthly releases, roughly at the same time as Mercurial releases. Our packages have the same version as the most recent Mercurial tag. Every three months is a new feature release, the other releases are for bug fixes and minor improvements. The .2 releases are suggested for optimum stability.
== Supported Platforms ==
* Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
* Command line support via [[thg]]
* Debian and RedHat distributions, see [[http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.io/download/index.html|Download]]
* [[developers/MacOSX|Mac OS X]] is supported via source install or nightly builds
* [[Ubuntu]] / [[CentOS]]
Please note that like TortoiseSVN, [[http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/2010-January/029680.html|we recommend]] to turn off the indexing service on the working copies and repositories, and exclude them from virus scans (on Windows).
* [[KeySequences]] shortcuts used in various dialogs
* [[OpenAtLine]] new feature in 2.0
For the mercurial.ini configuration files, see [[http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hgrc.5.html|hgrc.5.html]], for the 'hg' command see [[http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hg.1.html|hg.1.html]]
(also available in the 'docs' subdirectory inside the install directory)
=== A Gentle [[http://tortoisehg.readthedocs.org/en/latest/quick.html|Introduction]] to Using TortoiseHG on Windows ===
And another one [[http://draketo.de/licht/freie-software/mercurial/kurze-einf-hrung-mercurial-und-tortoisehg|in German]] and [[http://draketo.de/light/english/mercurial/short-introduction-mercurial-tortoisehg|in English]].
== Bugs and Feature Requests ==
== Mailing Lists ==
For any questions or comments on TortoiseHg, please post to mailing lists: