TortoiseHg follows Mercurial's release schedule for major feature releases. We try to do stable releases at least once a month to push bug fixes out to users in a timely fashion.
Roughly every four months (thrice a year), we will take the development branch (default), merge it to the stable branch, and release it as a new feature release. In between these feature releases, there will be multiple maintenance releases since most of our users install our binary packages and cannot easily get bug fixes any other way.
The first incremental release after a feature release may contain behavioral or layout changes as we provide polish to the new features added in that feature release. The following incremental releases should be pure bug-fix releases.
Before each feature release, we will progressively lock down the code:
- -2 weeks - feature freeze, merge default to stable, bug fixes only
- -1 week - no new translatable strings on stable
- -3 days - code freeze on stable. Documentation and installer changes only
- Support filesets in status/commit filter
- Refactor wctxactions to use cmdui.Runner
- Merge dialog needs a cancel button, when appropriate
- Add a file filter to manifest widget, same as status
- Investigate whether HgFileView can be used as an editor for wctx
- Investigate a per-repository tab log console