- Things That Aren't ZIL
- To compile ZIL code into playable Z-machine story files:
- To edit and debug ZIL code:
- To run compiled Z-machine story files:
- To get help:
- To report a bug in ZILF:
- ZILF Reference Guide by Henrik Åsman
- Learning ZIL, or Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Writing Interactive Fiction...
- ZIL Course by Marc Blank
- The MDL Programming Language by Stu Galley and Greg Pfister
- The Z-Machine Standards Document
- ZIP: Z-language Interpreter Program by Joel Berez, Marc Blank, and David Lebling
Demonstrates the use of features from ZILF's parser and world library.
Demonstrates the use of features in MDL and ZIL, as implemented by ZILF.
- Empty game template by Adam Sommerfield
- Adventure (Colossal Cave) ported by Jesse McGrew
- Cloak of Darkness ported by Alex Proudfoot
- The Bean Stalker by Jack Welch
- Tenliner Cave Adventure posted by jcompton
Classic Game Source Code
- Unmodified source code for Infocom's games as uploaded by Jason Scott
- ZIL source code for Infocom's games, cleaned up and patched so it compiles under ZILF (release 1)
- The Obsessively Complete Infocom Catalog, including source code curated by Andrew Plotkin
Classic Game Known Bugs
- Long Lost ‘Zork’ Source Code Uploaded to GitHub, But Few People Understand It (April 18, 2019)
- The History of Zork
- A story about the source code for the original mainframe Zork
- Internal Secrets of Infocom Games by Michael Ko
- Vaporware IF: posts about ZILF by Jesse McGrew
- Learning ZIL by Alex Proudfoot
- ZIL Crazy After All These Years
Where to Start - Quick Code Guide
- How to write and run an ultra-simple (1 room, 1 object) game in ZIL
Game On! - Infocom text games and ZIL (1:21:50)
- Kevin Savetz interviews Steve Meretzky at GitHub HQ.
Infocom - Zork Implementation Language (4:44; April 23, 2019)
- A nice quick overview video, featuring an interview with Dave Lebling on Zork, MDL, and ZIL.
History of the Language (8:10)
- A clip from Get Lamp. (Original interview is here.)
Jason Scott Talks His Way out of It: The Infocom Source Code Episode (19:27; April 28, 2019)
- Jason Scott talks about releasing the Infocom Source Code on GitHub.
- The Specialness of Infocom, The Craft, The Z-Machine, Z-Machine Glories, Full Sentences and Every Platform, GET LAMP, The Infocom .ZIP File, A Release, Stu Galley, GitHub, The Clones and Branches, Steve and Kevin have a chat.