403 Forbidden with the Upload File button
Using the Upload File button in the web UI fails with an error message.
Steps to reproduce
- Navigate to https://heptapod.octobus.net/Octobus/website/-/tree/branch/default/img#
- Click the "+" button near the top of the page
- In the menu, click Upload File
- Select a JPEG file in the modal UI
- Write a commit message
- Click the green Upload File button
What is the current bug behavior?
“Error uploading file: Invalid JSON response from server.” appears on a red background. The browser devtools show a POST request to https://heptapod.octobus.net/Octobus/website/-/create/branch/default/img with a
403 Forbidden response.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Create a commit with the new file. Or if write privileges are missing, show an error message that explains this.
Better: check privileges before submission
Better still: have the web UI offer to create a Merge Request instead