60D and 7D have about 7-8 MB that appears to be unused by RscMgr (source). Currently, autoexec.bin is loaded there, but this doesn't fully use this memory.
With this PR, I've changed the 60D boot method to the one used on 550D/1100D (autoexec in AllocateMemory, with init_task patched on the fly), and I've used Canon's low-level allocation functions from AllocateMemory to manage the new 7MB buffer. Now, even under heavy load, ML will not have to allocate general-purpose memory from shoot_malloc (which can't be kept allocated forever) or from Canon's memory pools (which, on 60D, are nearly full).
Some extra advantages of this change: