merge-doc.js cannot merge Word 2010 documents
Created originally on Bitbucket by navarro (Ricardo Navarro)
This applies to TortoiseHg 2.4.2. Version 2.1.4 does not have this issue.
I'm going to give a way to reproduce the problem, it might be better:
- Create a repository
- Add a word document (e.g. wordfile.docx) with some content and commit
- Create a named branch (e.g. Branch 1)and modify the word document, commit
- Update to the default branch, modify the word document and commit
- You end up with two branches, default and branch 1, with two versions of the same document
- Try "Merge with local" (branch 1 with default)
- Click on resolve conflicts, Resolve conflicts window shows
- Use docdiff and click on Tool Resolve
- An error windows shows for script merge-doc.js, line 92, char 9: "Error: This file could not be found. (C:\repo\wordfile)"
As you can see, the argument given to the script merge-doc.js is "wordfile" and it shall be "wordfile.docx".
If you print out the variable sBaseDoc, in line 44 of merge-doc.js, you can see that it is "wordfile" instead of "wordfile.docx". The remaining arguments seem to be fine, i.e. sMyDoc, sTheirDoc and sMergedDoc.
I hope this explanation is understandable. I attach a repository ready to be merged so you don't have to create one and a couple of screenshots.