Table of Contents
- use "Title Caps" for window titles, menu items, push buttons, etc.
- use "Sentence caps" for radio buttons, checkboxes, or dialog messages.
- assign "&" access keys to almost all menu items.
- append ellipsis "..." to menu items only when additional information is
required to perform the action. For example,
- "Update..." will open dialog to select which revision to update.
- "Diff to Parent" will open diff window immediately.
Microsoft - User Interface Text - Guidelines - Capitalization
- "Title Caps" for window title.
- "Sentence caps" for others, but "Title Caps" is acceptable for buttons, menus and headings.
OS X Human Interface Guidelines - Text Style - Capitalizing Labels and Text
- "Title Caps" for menus, buttons and labels that aren't full sentences.
- "Sentence caps" for radio buttons, check boxes, dialog messages, etc.